Cobber Artwork & Themes

The place to make suggestions and/or share your artwork for Cobber.
Michael_AU
Site Admin
Australia

Cobber Artwork & Themes

Post by Michael_AU » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I really want to encourage users from the different groups of the Cobber community (Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Pacific Islands) to share pictures and/or artwork that can be used as backgrounds and screen savers. The more we share the more Cobber will grow. At the moment I have various packages for backgrounds and screen savers but they only contain images from locations in Australia. It would be really great if we could create packages for each country/group.

I would also like to see some icon theme development and/or extension. Cobber's main icon theme is currently Moblin however Moblin is ageing and some icons that are required are not in Moblin. The version of Moblin used in Cobber is open source and is free for anyone to work on to extend its usability. If there are any graphic artists who would like to work on icons for Cobber please get in touch.

If you feel like sharing pictures and/or artwork I ask you to keep a few things in mind.
1. The picture and/or artwork was taken, or created, by you and you agree to place the GPL3 Licence on it.
2. The picture and/or artwork adheres to the Cobber community rules.
3. The picture and/or artwork does not contain images of people either living or dead (various cultures have taboos with regards to images of people).
4. When submitting pictures and/or artwork please let us know what country/group it is for so it can be packaged appropriately.