Work with Us
How can you help Cobber achieve its goals?
- You can help Cobber achieve its goals by joining the Cobber Community.
- You could also join other Linux communities such as Gnome, KDE, XFCE, and LXDE and help translate these environments into your language. By joining these communities you not only help Cobber but you will help Linux in general. For Australian English translation/localisation I am using the Oxford English Dictionary and the Australian National Dictionary.
- If translation isn’t something you feel you can help with there are also visual aspects of Cobber such as artwork, backgrounds and screen savers that are open for enthusiastic people to share their artistic talents with others.
- Like any operating system Cobber is always going to encourage people with programming skills to help.
- You could test development versions of Cobber and help to iron out any bugs that limit its usability.
- Take part in any polls listed so we can develop a system that suits the majorities purpose.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends and family about Cobber. Give them a copy as a present.
- You could sponsor Cobber and get your name or your business (if you wish) listed on our sponsors page.
Cobber Collaborate (CC)
What is Cobber Collaborate (CC)? Cobber Collaborate (CC) is a platform for those who wish to work with Cobber to collaborate in one place with everyone who is collaborating with Cobber. It is based on Launchpad as used by Canonical who sponsor Ubuntu. CC provides a 1 stop location for translation (for the applications in CC), package development, package building, and Personal Package Archive (PPA) creation and maintainence.
You are welcome to contact me and make suggestions or to discuss how you can help make Cobber a stable and successful operating system.